The only dressing you need. Thanks to Pamela Salzman, no more buying salad dressings. It tastes great, a little goes a long way, and keeps for a week…though I am always making more!
Everyday Salad Dressing #2 (with cider or red wine vinegar)
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- ¾ -1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw honey or 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons unpasteurized apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¾ cup unrefined, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Either whisk together in a small bowl or place all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake until emulsified.
- Dressing can be made ahead and kept in a glass jar in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Because olive oil solidifies when chilled, you will need to remove it from the refrigerator well before you want to use it in order for it to become pourable. Or you can leave the dressing at room temperature in a cool, dark place for a few days.