Michelle is a new friend of mine from nutrition school, an awesome person with some amazing recipes! This is a favorite! Enjoy!
“Through my battle with weight and health issues, it took some time to learn how to satisfy my sweet tooth with nutritious food. Through kitchen blunders and triumphs, the Coconut Key Lime Pie Cup was created. This sweet treat has been a hit with my family and friends – well, and myself!”
Coconut Key Lime Pie Cup
1 cup coconut cream
1/8 cup key lime, juiced – approx. 3 key limes
1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
2 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon agave
½ cup pecans
7 dates, pitted and diced
1 tsp. cacao powder
Garnish with 1 tsp. lime zest (optional)
- For the crust, place pecans in a small food processor; pulsate nuts until small and crumbly.
- Toss in diced dates; pulsate until the mixture becomes gooey.
- Sprinkle in the cacao powder and 1 tsp. agave; pulsate until the mixture is dark, chocolatey and fluffy. Note: Don’t over process; that can cause the crust to become too buttery.
- Divide the mixture and gently press into the bottom of two small glasses or two 4-ounce Mason jars; cover and refrigerate while making the key lime filling.
- For the pie filling, blend coconut cream, lime juice, vanilla, and 2 tbsp. agave in a large mixing bowl with an “electric mixer” until there are light and fluffy peeks of cream.
- Remove the Mason jars from the refrigerator and gently spoon and divide the coconut key lime pie filling over the crust
- Top with lime zest and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Remove from the fridge, get two little spoons, and share with your favorite person!
- Garnish with a sprinkle of coconut sugar or macaroon coconut flakes, if desired.