You will see me reference this book a lot as I blog. The secret to my weight loss was found on the first page of this book, “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” The 7 words that changed my life. IN DEFENSE OF FOOD is a conversation about the SAD (Standard American Diet) way of eating, and more importantly how we can change it.
“In Defense of Food shows us how, despite the daunting dietary landscape Americans confront in the modern supermarket, we can escape the Western diet and, by doing so, most of the chronic diseases that diet causes. We can relearn which foods are healthy, develop simple ways to moderate our appetites, and return eating to its proper context — out of the car and back to the table. Michael Pollan’s bracing and eloquent manifesto shows us how we can start making thoughtful food choices that will enrich our lives, enlarge our sense of what it means to be healthy, and bring pleasure back to eating.”
When was the last time you received the personal attention you deserve and talked with someone about your health?
It’s rare for anyone to get an hour to explore their wellness goals with a trained professional. As an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, I create a supportive environment that enables you to articulate and achieve your goals. Throughout my education, I have been exposed to the most cutting-edge dietary theories and studied highly effective coaching techniques to help you find the right lifestyle that works best for you.
As a client of my health coaching program, you will…
- set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- understand and reduce your cravings
- increase your energy levels
- feel great in your body
- learn about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them
- improve your personal relationships
- discover the confidence to create the life you want
An Integrative Nutrition Health Coach is a guide and mentor who empowers you and provides ongoing support and guidance as you set goals and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness.
As your Health Coach, I will listen carefully and we’ll navigate the world of contradictory nutrition and health advice together to explore what truly works for you.
Together we will:
- Connect the dots between who you are and who you want to be
- Create your personal blueprint
- Decipher your body’s unique needs
- Set your personal goals and work towards sustainable change
What you get:
- Two 50-minute sessions per month (can be done by phone/Skype if you’re not local)
- Email support between sessions
- Coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- Simple healthy recipes
- Informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- My personal commitment to your health and success
As a client of my health coaching program, I help you:
- Set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- Work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- Understand and reduce your cravings
- Increase your energy levels
- Feel great in your body
- Learn about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them
- Improve your personal relationships
- Discover the confidence to create the life you want
To decide if health coaching is right for you, I invite you to reach out for a free consultation. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.
What are you waiting for?
What you have done in the past hasn’t worked, so instead of reinventing the wheel why not step out into a new frontier! Honestly you have nothing to lose. I promise it will be the move that forever changes your life!
Send me an email me for further information, I would love to set up a free 30 minute consultation! HappyBodyFood@gmail.com
good food. good life.
It’s easy to overlook all of the things that contribute to our sense of nourishment and fulfillment. It’s not just the food we eat that affects our health, but all of the other factors present in our daily lives. Healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, regular physical activity, and a spiritual awareness are essential forms of nourishment. When these “primary foods” are balanced, what you eat becomes secondary. I will support you in achieving all of your goals, from eating the right foods for your body to living an inspired, fulfilling life. We will talk a lot about “primary foods”!!!
Remember when, as a child, you were playing outside, having fun? Suddenly, your mother announced dinner was ready, but you were not hungry at all. The passion of play took all your attention. Sometimes we are fed not by food but by the energy in our lives. These moments and feelings demonstrate that everything is food.
If the energy in our lives dissipates, if we don’t have a passion, intimate relationships, or a strong connection to what we do and who we spend our time with then we are no longer fed by “primary foods”. This can leave a lot of time and space to fill up on “secondary foods”, the food we actually eat. The food we are intended to use as fuel starts to fill up the time and space intended to be feb by “primary foods”.